Saturday, October 1, 2022

Tiff gets Fit; Day 1. October 1, 2022 - Starting from the beginning, again

This is not the first time I've wanted to get in better shape.  It seems to be a human struggle to go forward and backwards in fitness.  I have a hundred excuses; work is busy; I got a puppy; I want to make sure I'm doing things with my son; I really really like cake; I'd rather just hike a mile then run or work out; and they go on and on.

But it's time to work on it, and I think, I need to make myself accountable to me, and maybe anyone else that might tune in to see what I'm doing.  

I'd like this blog to be a record of my journey.  My big point in time goal is a 50 mile race next October; about a year from now.  My other goal is to just build a new relationship and routine with working out and eating better and try to have a better health goal for myself as I get older.  I don't really mind how I look.  I would like my clothes to fit better.  I would like to be able to read about a 50k race happening and sign up, or go on a backpacking trip without feeling like I'm going to burst something on the uphills.

So if you don't want to read my honest and probably sometimes rough go of it, that's ok, just keep on clicking the links.

Laying it out:  I would like to do at least the following: Either a) run 1 mile a day b)walk at least 2 miles (if I didn't run) c)bike at least 5 miles (if I didn't walk or run).

I would also like to shoot for walking 10k steps a day.  Low goal would be 8k, high goal would be 14k.

Current Weight: 185.2 pounds.  Weight Goal - I don't really have a set goal - 10 pounds would be a great start, 20-30 would be my goal by the time I run my race next year.  

So today, I got up and ran on the treadmill, 5k.  The puppy training partner was not amused.  It's about 8 at night, and I also got 15k steps in, and I did some digging and gardening, so I got a little extra exercise in.

I know this isn't going to be easy, but I'm excited to at least journal this for myself, and if anyone else reads and gets even a little bit motivated too, that's a happy bonus.  Here's to getting back to it!

Not exactly trail running, but looking at you-tube forest scenery and listening to a podcast was ok for motivation.

It's a start!


My training partner was not impressed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 7 - One Week Down!

 Made it through the first 7 days!  No weight change today.  I kind of did a little back slide on my eating, but I did a lovely fall hike an...