Sunday, October 2, 2022

Day 2 - Sunday hiking is good therapy, and good calorie burn!

Got up early this morning to hike with friends at the Kennerdell Tract of the Clear Creek State Forest.  It's my favorite time of the year, with the fall color just starting to bleed into the edges of the greens, and adds a glow to walks in the woods.

Weighed in this morning at 183.6.  I'm tracking my calories, but haven't made any real diet adjustments  yet (one thing at a time).  We hiked 6.2ish miles (10k, woot!), and that combined with mowing and standard Sunday afternoon house chores got me 19k steps for the day!

I felt really good for the entire hike, except the steep half mile we had to go up, but even that wasn't terrible.  It was really good to get out into the woods with good friends, Eli and the pups.

I need to make sure I drink more water when I'm hiking or working out; I was sucking down unsweetened sparkling waters all afternoon, but I am terrible about standard hydration during the days.  I drink herbal tea sometimes, but even if I have a water bottle on my desk in front of me, I don't drink.  I wonder if my smart watch has a "drink water!" notification I could set up once an hour or something... Anyone else have trouble remembering to hydrate?

It's almost 8pm, and I'm going to cuddle up on the couch with the pups and watch the next episode of The Rings of Power.  Walking after work is the plan for tomorrow; maybe walking in the morning as well if I wake up early enough!

Nice and easy hike at one of the prettiest places to hike in Western PA, and it's only about an hour drive.

The ferns are all turning; the pups loved the cooler weather.

Found a lesser traveled trail and it took us to a really neat hemlock area along Dennison Run.

Paused for some photos along the creek, and for a snack break and to dunk the pups.

Puppy Dunking!

The colors are starting; by next week, they'll be amazing.

Not much color at the overlook; I bet it'll look much different in a week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 7 - One Week Down!

 Made it through the first 7 days!  No weight change today.  I kind of did a little back slide on my eating, but I did a lovely fall hike an...